Finding out that your home needs foundation repairs is less than exciting. Foundation repairs are generally more expensive and more invasive than a broken dishwasher or a leaky faucet, but they’re usually more important. If your home is facing structural issues, you could be compromising the safety of you and your family, which is why it’s important to get them fixed as soon as possible.
Having a professional team come in and work on your home may sound like a pain in the behind, but it doesn’t have to be as disruptive or stressful as you might think. Preparing for the crew before they arrive is the best way to ensure the process goes smoothly and efficiently. Before foundation specialists arrive at your home, complete these tasks to reduce any potential mishaps and get back to your normal life as soon as possible!
If the crew will be working inside:
- Clear the work area and any pathways of movable furniture, items, or debris that could get in the way or become tripping hazards.
- Remove pictures or other wall hangings from walls near the area being worked on.
- Cover nearby furniture with a dropcloth for added protection.
- If possible, make away-from-home plans during work times to escape the noise. The crew may try to keep quiet, but some noise and vibrations are inevitable.
- If you’ll be at home, keep pets in kennels or rooms away from the work area.
If the crew will be working outside:
- Move plants away from the perimeter of your home to avoid destruction and water/root damage. You can do this yourself or have a landscaping professional move them and then replant them when the job is done.
- Do not redo landscaping or plant new shrubs/plants until the crew is completely finished.
- Remove items or debris from the perimeter of the home.
- Clear pathways that lead inside of your home of outdoor furniture, grills, decor, etc. The crew will likely need to get in and out of the house to monitor structure and lift.
- Keep your driveway clear to accommodate work trucks. Having equipment as close as possible will reduce the time it takes to complete the project.
Preparing your home so it is work crew-friendly will make the task at hand easier and quicker for everyone involved. At Epp Concrete, we pride ourselves on being efficient, clean, and respectful of your home and family. We go the extra mile to ensure we get in and out quickly and your property does not get damaged in our process. For quality foundation, concrete, and waterproofing services, contact us today!